Day 1 Round 2.
First off, let me give a very heartfelt thank you to all of you who are reading this. Your support, thoughts, and prayers mean so much to me. I am very grateful to all of you, those who I know, and those who choose to remain anonymous. I am truly thankful and will express that to each and every one of you over time.
Technically today isn't the first day, but it's the first day we did something on our calendar. To catch you up on the journey so far. Earlier, we did another sperm extraction. That was done by an andrologist named Dr. Hotaling. He's excellent and is very highly trained and regarded in the field. If others need a doctor for this type of thing I'd recommend him. He did the extraction. so much better than the first time. I was only under for 15 min. The swelling was much less, and recovery was only a day with very minimal pain. After the retrieval, we did test thaw to verify that we wouldn't need to do another live retrieval. The results were really positive, and the specimen looked like it would be much better than last time.
After that we've been saving money and trying to get our bodies ready to go. We've both lost some weight and it's been to help support each other. Today we went and Lynne got her water ultra sound. Basically they check out her uterus to make sure there isn't any problems with the lining where the embryo will implant. The results were great, and they said everything looks great and we are good to move forward.
On the way out, we bumped into Dr. Conway, she's the fertility doctor we are using. She is very personable and great to work with. We talked briefly about situation and laughed a little bit. She told us that our case was memorable because we caused so much drama in the lab last time. The reason I point that out is because to just reaffirms how bad the issues we had last time were. I'm hopeful that this round works, which is a scary thing.
Scary in the sense that last time I was so heart broken when it didn't work and I don't want to experience that emotional pain again. After a long time it is easy for me to look back at the time period after and see how affected and depressed I was. I want to stay guarded, but it's really difficult when it bring so much hope and excitement.
Anyhow, that's a bit from day 1. I'll be sure to keep you posted as we progress.
First off, let me give a very heartfelt thank you to all of you who are reading this. Your support, thoughts, and prayers mean so much to me. I am very grateful to all of you, those who I know, and those who choose to remain anonymous. I am truly thankful and will express that to each and every one of you over time.
Technically today isn't the first day, but it's the first day we did something on our calendar. To catch you up on the journey so far. Earlier, we did another sperm extraction. That was done by an andrologist named Dr. Hotaling. He's excellent and is very highly trained and regarded in the field. If others need a doctor for this type of thing I'd recommend him. He did the extraction. so much better than the first time. I was only under for 15 min. The swelling was much less, and recovery was only a day with very minimal pain. After the retrieval, we did test thaw to verify that we wouldn't need to do another live retrieval. The results were really positive, and the specimen looked like it would be much better than last time.
After that we've been saving money and trying to get our bodies ready to go. We've both lost some weight and it's been to help support each other. Today we went and Lynne got her water ultra sound. Basically they check out her uterus to make sure there isn't any problems with the lining where the embryo will implant. The results were great, and they said everything looks great and we are good to move forward.
On the way out, we bumped into Dr. Conway, she's the fertility doctor we are using. She is very personable and great to work with. We talked briefly about situation and laughed a little bit. She told us that our case was memorable because we caused so much drama in the lab last time. The reason I point that out is because to just reaffirms how bad the issues we had last time were. I'm hopeful that this round works, which is a scary thing.
Scary in the sense that last time I was so heart broken when it didn't work and I don't want to experience that emotional pain again. After a long time it is easy for me to look back at the time period after and see how affected and depressed I was. I want to stay guarded, but it's really difficult when it bring so much hope and excitement.
Anyhow, that's a bit from day 1. I'll be sure to keep you posted as we progress.
I remain very hopeful and positive for you guys and our extended family, flung far and wide though we may be. I can't wait to see you both in December!
ReplyDeleteYou are my favorite Sister! Love you ♡
DeleteYou are my favorite Sister! Love you ♡
DeleteYou are my favorite Sister! Love you ♡
DeleteI remain very hopeful and positive for you guys and our extended family, flung far and wide though we may be. I can't wait to see you both in December!
ReplyDelete