Thursday, January 9, 2014

When I have the time to read other peoples thoughts and feelings on their blogs, it motivates me to write more on my own.  Several months ago I made a commitment to try and write more, to be more expressive, to share more of what was going on in my life.   I have not done well at this, and in short, I will recommit myself to writing and sharing more.

Since I last wrote in April many many things have happened.   I will try and highlight a few of the major things.  I was working at home depot for a short amount of time.  I had a boss who thought managing by text message was an appropriate thing, because of that, and him not honoring our agreement when I was hired I quit that during finals week.

Soon after I started another semester of school.  I took 3 block classes, they were insanely fast, and that school work in that short of time was pretty challenging but we got through it.  Most of the rest of the summer was a blur.  The month of May went by quickly, and in June it seemed like my wife was gone for the month.   July came and went with no major issues, but August was pretty special.

In August, we had an addition to my brothers family with a new baby.  She's so precious.   Also, we had set a date to go to the Temple in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and be sealed together as a family for eternity.  It was on August the 17th, it was a pretty day when we entered the temple but cloudy and rainy when we came out.  The sealer kept calling Theresa, Three-sa which was pretty funny.  He talked about how special it was and how now we were complete.  To be honest I don't remember all of his words but I do remember how I felt.   It made me feel whole.  It makes me feel complete, like a burden has been lifted and peace and balance has been restored.

Monday, the 19th was Theresa's birthday and the first day of school.  Lynne, my wife, took balloons and flowers to school to make her feel special.  She had some people over after school and they celebrated.  It seemed like a great day.

September came and that means the start of football.   We have season tickets as of this year and I was able to go to the Broncos's vs Ravens with my dad and brother.  Later in the month Lynne and I went to the Bronco's vs Philadelphia game.  We had a blast by going to Elitch's, the swap meet, nice dinners, swimming at the hotel, and of course visiting family.  During this time I was called to be in an Elders Quorum presidency. It was a strange experience because I had feelings that this opportunity would come.  It was shortly after Youth Conference spent up in Logan that this call came.  This has been challenging, but fun. We have a good group of guys and things work well.  There is always more to be done, and that can be troublesome until you just go out and do something.

Mostly what I remember from October was Halloween.  We went to the Jackson's party, which is always a riot and played bunco.  We dressed up as Stick figures by wearing all black clothes, and then putting on white reflective tape for the stick figure outline.  They have black lighting so we really stood out.

November deserves its own post, so see the next one for an update on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment